Sunday, April 28, 2013

Downstairs

Here's a limerick I wrote in May 2012.  I don't believe I've posted it yet....

To get downstairs I must pick
The ladder or stairs, one's more quick!
To avoid getting fatter
I'd best use the latter
I hope that the steps aren't too slick!

The idea to play with the words "ladder" and "latter" has been kicking around in my head for a long time.  I feel like this poem would be more successful with an illustration of someone at the top of some spiral steps, with a ladder going down the middle.

Someday I'd love to do an issue of Phase 7 with poems on the right-facing pages and illustrations on the left facing pages - like old humor books from the 50s.  That's why I write so many horrible limericks on this blog, to keep trying to get to a few good ones that can make the cut!

No comments: